Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is located on the western edge of Geelong.
The campus features expansive landscaped grounds and extensive sporting facilities. The campus is home to the Geelong Technology Precinct, which provides research and development capabilities and opportunities for university-industry partnerships and new enterprises in the region…
Deakin Uni Waurn ponds Campus
Deakin Uni waurn ponds campus (video and pictures) captured by iPhone 4s.
Address 75 Pigdons Road, Waurn Ponds Geelong Australia.
New Zealand offers domestic tuition fee of 6000 NZD for international students and is very much tempting to go there.
First of all, you need to know that there is no assurance to get PhD admission. You have to meet minimum standards for academic alibility and research potential.
The basis requirement of PhD admission is 16 years of education for countries like UK, New Zealand, Canada, Australia etc. and 18 years education in USA, Europe etc. (it mean B.Sc. hon. degree holders can get direct admission to PhD in some countries like Aus. and NZ)
The basic requirements for ideal PhD candidate for admission committee are
1. Strong evidence of research potential
2. Excellent grades, e.g., at least A-minus
3. English ability (IELTS 6.5 overall and no individual band less than 6)
Research ability may be demonstrated in a variety of ways:
- An Honours degree (an undergraduate degree plus an additional year of supervised research)
- Comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words
- Relevant postgraduate research experience
- One or more independently peer-reviewed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- Professional reporting or prior learning
- Research related awards or prizes
Additional necessary Documents:
- Give a strong plan of study as a research student. It should give relevant background of your topic. Topic should be selected with consultation of your proposed supervisor in University. It should be executable with respect to resources and facilities.
- If you communicate effectively with your proposed supervisor then your chance of acceptance as a PhD candidate are very bright as this person would be solely responsible of your progress in the University.
- Research supervisor can write a letter of recommendation to admission committee, also mention his name clearly in admission forms as contact person, so that university choose him as your supervisor.
- Study Aim or statement of purpose:
- Give clear and concise descriptions of work you have already done. This is your opportunity to show that you are already developing these research presentation skills. Explain the bonus points and significance of your work.
- Universities ask you to submit at least two letters from people who (a) know your work and (b) know what is expected at a major research university.
- Ask your faculty members or your research guides from your bachelor program to give detail information about your previous experience.
Other Points to Note:
- Some universities want to assess your documents (bachelor degree etc.) to see whether your qualification is up to their standard or not.
- Some Universities want good GRE scores as well for PhD scholarship in addition to admission.
- PhD admission process differs for course work and by research degrees. Also it depends on your study area.
Before starting a PhD, Ask one thing from yourself Are you committed to a research career? Secondly do you know what you are getting into? PhD research degree is very much challenging business.
What appears on this post represents my personal views, there may be variations